Dr. Naveed F. Shaukat
MBBS, MPH, FRACGP, DTM, DRM, WHO/CDC/PAHO Certified Applied Epidemiology HIV/AIDS
General medical practitioner since 2004 in Australia
Registered Medical Practitioner since 1985 Overseas
AMC Exam / FRACGP Australia
- Master of Public Health (MPH) 1994 – 1996
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA (USA)
- Certificate in Applied Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS 1992
- Centres for Disease Control (CDC), Atlanta, GA (USA)
- World Health Organization Fellowship Award (EMRO Region)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tropical Medicine 1988
- The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (Dublin) Ireland
- Post Graduate Diploma in Respiratory Medicine & Tuberculosis 1989
- The Royal College of Physicians (Dublin) Ireland
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) 1978- 1984
- Nishter Medical College, Bahaudin Zakrya University (Punjab) Pakistan
My work has involved treating aboriginal community members in the area. I managed a spectrum of illnesses and age groups presenting in general practice including prescribing, and managed acute care and chronic diseases, Drug & Alcohol problems, as well as STI prevention and treatments. I conducted Health assessments, GP Management Plans, Enhanced Primary Care Plans, Methadone Prescribing, and oversee Immunisations by nursing staff.
I conducted initial assessment, counselling, treating addiction and dependency on drugs, assessment of mental illnesses, and referrals for Psychiatrist as and when required.
Medical advisor for Health Services Australia, since 2005 – This work involved health screening of onshore immigrants who apply for Australian and New Zealand Visas, and Industrial Health assessments. Also I conducted Centre link assessments for Disability Support Pensions, Foreign Pensions, fitness assessments of Railcorp employees, including train drivers, category 1 safety workers, Bus drivers, Commercial vehicle licence examinations, student visa examinations, Construction Companies employees, and Industrial workers fitness, and return to work fitness examinations.
Other Interests: Trained & Experienced in Public health, Epidemiology, Skin Cancers, Skin diseases, Allergan, and Restylane Certified Cosmetic injector (Botox, Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, and Hylaform), skin lasers & IPL, respiratory Medicine, tropical medicine, and Clinical research.